Are the reactions you get this bad?

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

Re: Are the reactions you get this bad?

Postby allterrain » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:24 pm

The reactions I get have been every bit as bad as the one's mentioned above. People can be extremely cruel. I so admire those of you who get out there. I'm into buddhism now. Has helped me a lot. Let's try to find happiness within ourselves. Happy New to everyone.
allterrain

Postby allterrain » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:54 pm

I know, flying is terrible. Had so many of these types of reactions for the last 15 years. They make our lives hell. I turned to Buddhism, and that has helped me so much. It teaches that happiness comes from within, no matter what other people do to you. The world can be an extremely cruel place.
allterrain

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:10 pm

Went to a valentines meal yesterday (late to avoid the crowds).
The staff were polite to me and my boyfriends faces.
But I heard the staff talking out the back of the resturant saying the way she smells and I think she knows it, makes me feel sick. Someone said why did you not say something? They said one good reason (my big boyfriends?).
Then, another member of staff walked across to the bar, which was 30ft away and sniffed and said fish.
How can my odour travel so far? Am I the only one this bad? Why do people think I have no right to be there?
This caused me more tears yesterday, as my boyfriend and family say its in my head (I know its not).
Now fearful of my mum and dads neighbours will they complain too. Surely I have a right to a roof over my head like everyone else? With this illness I do not think people think so though.
Just do not seem to have got better, think I have hit rock bottom.
Wonder why I keep bothering to try.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby kittycat » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:43 pm

That's just how I felt 20yrs ago sk, but at least you know what you're suffering from. All you need really is for your people to listen out for these comments and be honest with you. My partner never hears anything either, (mainly when I've fallen off the diet), so I never know if I'm being paranoid, out of guilt. I come to Brighton for a few days at least a couple of times a year, I know it sounds a bit mad, but I'd gladly trail along behind you in the shops/cafes and see if I heard anything being said. I'm very straightforward and wouldn't have any problem telling you either way. No, you're right, it's too mad! Hang on to that big supportive boyfriend too, hugs kkx
kittycat

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:54 pm

Thanks Kittycat, thats very kind of you.
I have already suggested that I do this with my mum. She is a bit more open minded then everyone else, so will try it with her when I am having a stronger day. Thought, we could go round the town in a few shops and pretend not to know each other!
By the way I did not stick to the probiotics after I did the first antibiotics, but this time will be very strict.
Having a better day today.
SKx
SmellyKelly2

Postby flower » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:00 pm

Hi SK,

I really hope things are going better for you and you can manage to reduce the odour.
I am also struggling with reducing the odour and I still don t know if odour is less at the moment because my husband and kids are not aware of my odour.
I am still feeling the pain suffering from this but I can forget the pain sometimes because I have a great husband and
wonderful kids and still friends.....and that is all worth to keep fighting....

Take care of you
Flower
flower

Postby miles » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:52 pm

Hi SK my old mate just sending you a pm so you remember me
miles

Postby flower » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:22 am

Daily struggle
Another smelly day, and this seven days before period, …..is it staying this worse ?
The hormones in second half of my period (oestrogen?progesteron?...)causes a slow peristaltic in my digestive system what causes to much bacteria and IBS syndromes ?
Food is staying much to long in digestive system and maybe food is rotten in my system…
Yesterday morning on workplace I felt like smelling the toilet in whole building and I liked to run away…but just staying….Little kids holding their noses….just glad I work half time and could go home again….
In the evening going to drink something with two friends. One of them complaining of having hot and that she is smelling some gas ? Lucky the other one knows what I have ….

Glad that it is warming up and can open the windows, maybe I have found a diet until
winter is coming again….think tmau is worser around menopause or pre menopause but I am still not in menopause….what will it be when I am around this age ?
Lucky I have the most lovely family. My son standing up in the morning and telling amazing stories and he is a big happy sunshine what makes me laugh……He is just the happiest person on world….you can’t imagine someone is more happy as he is and just everybody loves him because he is just the sun in everybody’s hart.
Like tmau is the dark side of my life, my little son is the happiest part of my life….he gives me energy for all my days…even the worse days.
Flower
flower

Postby kittycat » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:38 pm

Hi flower, your post brought all the stress of my working years right back into my mind...You once said that maybe you could leave your job and just stay home, why don't you do that? Summer's coming, can you leave those unfriendly walls, and stress, behind, and be a mum and wife? I always thought those years are the happiest of all a womans life, but that's talking as someone who never met the right man, and didn't have a wonderful career... Just a job. So how would I know? Maybe you could study psychology or CBT, to give you a career you'd be good at, and could work around your family and 'cycle'. I picked the worst job possible for someone with this malady. Please don't fight it and try to beat it, and end up spoiling your life, like I did. Be as kind to yourself, as you are to everyone else :) Take care (of you) :D kittyx
kittycat

Postby flower » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi Kitty,

I must think about it. I think most of the times my smell is not that bad.....Some days....don't know if it is the wrong food or something.

I think I must talk to my collegue about it. Since I said to her I have tmau all collegues didn't make any remarks of me but when I smell something sometimes and it is going out of control....I wish sometimes i will to run away....

I like my clients at the office .... I will think about it.

Flower
flower

PreviousNext

Return to general tmau topics