New theories about the causes of tmau...

help with getting a diagnosis

Moderator: admin

New theories about the causes of tmau...

Postby robert123 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:11 pm

http://www.meboblog.com/2018/04/danny-k ... smell.html

Hi all,

Just came across the link above from the mebo blog. It seems the basic theory of tmau2 being linked to bacterial overgrowth mightnt be true after all. This sounds like huge news but to be honest I don't really understand it all, wait with interest though as to how it all plays out. Any thoughts?
robert123

Re: New theories about the causes of tmau...

Postby PoetFire » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:41 pm

I think at this stage we are in pre-darwin times of understanding metabolic malodor.
So everyone can have a view and no-one can be proved wrong.

My own belief is FMO3 malodors, making me a FMO3ist.

TMAU2 has all sorts of layers as :
Nigel said TMAU2 was all forms of TMAU other than genetic, but the bulk seemed to be TMA overgrowth.
TMAU2 cases are now very rare with the new test.
The new guy says he thinks old TMAU2 cases were probably really 'mild TMAU1 cases, but the new test has 16% fails whereas old test had 33%

I tend to agree that I think old TMAU2 cases were really mild TMAU1 cases but think the fail rate should be like 70%.

so at this stage its all theories and not much light (from me) I'm afraid.
IMHO I don't think 'normals' much end up in the TMAU zone, most cases might have a small chink of FMO3 weakness etc.

Sorry for rambling.
PoetFire

Re: New theories about the causes of tmau...

Postby robert123 » Mon May 21, 2018 4:46 pm

Thanks a mil Poetfire for your as ever thought provoking reply,
Sorry for not getting back to youmuch earlier, unfortunatively had some internet problems for a while there. Also I should have put this question in a different section.
Its all so depressing really, having to live with this horrific condition and the medical community not having any real clue. I absolutely would trust your opinion and instincts Poetfire on these matters over any consultant out there at the moment.
robert123

Return to getting diagnosed