My Appointment

help with getting a diagnosis

Moderator: admin

Re: My Appointment

Postby EmptyCup » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:44 pm

PoetFire wrote:Do you think this consultant is more 'community friendly' than Dr Lachmann ?

If you could get the DNA test done somehow, I would guess you carry 2 or more of the common variants or some other 'variant combo'.
They are taught this is still not enough to make a person 'potentially smelly', but I think they are mistaken.

you could maybe mention to the consultant the recent paper by Dr Wevers et al about new metabolic malodor suspect metabolites .... DIMETHYLSULFIDE and METHANETHIOL .... from a paper in 2017
https://www.ru.nl/english/news-agenda/n ... ad-breath/

I have never been in contact with Dr Lachmann myself so I don't really know what he is like. I was under the impression that he was more 'community friendly' out of everyone and that's why everyone wanted an appointment with him. My experience/view of the consultant I saw is based only from this one appointment I had. It could change after further appointments. Hopefully not. Time will tell.

I will bring up the DNA test and article in my next appointment. I know you mentioned the DNA before my appointment but I think I was just so relieved about being able to do the 24 hour test that I forgot to mention it to the consultant. Thanks for the reminder.
EmptyCup

Previous

Return to getting diagnosed