High blood pressure and High cholesterol

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: bigvern, admin

High blood pressure and High cholesterol

Postby HarrysMrs » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:51 am

Hi All

Newbie here so apologies if this topic has already been devoured ........

I can see I have had the usual history to most scanning through the message boards and was confirmed diagnosed after oddles of visits to the Doctor, and basically self diagnosed (after even having one Doctor suggest that I ask my Hubby to "sniff" me in intimate areas at various times of day and month ....... seriously!). Blood and genetic testing found positive.

However, a couple of years ago was diagnosed with High Blood Pressure for which I am on medication and now diagnosed with High Cholesterol. My diet is not 100% but not heinous and the practice nurse could not make any further suggestions as to "alternatives" when attended for "lifestyle discussion" as already hit most of the targets, 5 a day, wholemeal, cook from fresh, limit processed foods, grill not fry etc.

I am just wondering if anyone else has also been diagnosed, particularly with High Cholesterol as I am beginning to feel it may be a knock on effect of my TMAU as with a missing enzyme, perhaps some of the foods which are suggested as restricted for TMAU, milk, eggs, green leafs, veggies etc, I still eat in quantities and just "put up with" the negative symptoms they induce.

When I suggested a link to the nurse she looked completely dumbfounded and basically waffled a bit.

I look forward to hearing from anyone in this regard.

Many thanks :-)
HarrysMrs

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!