Hysterectomy

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Hysterectomy

Postby Ruby » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:52 am

I have had two children and successfully passed my tmau onto them (I'm sure they will thank me for that later on) . I don't intend to have anymore children and my periods are driving me insane with the way my smell worsens considerably . Have any of the female members of the forum had a full, radical hysterectomy and then had small doses of hormone to keep them healthy but less malodorous?
I have an appointment with a gynaecologist next month and I would like to be considered for the hysterectomy but I need to know how it has affected others. Please let me know xx
Ruby

Re: Hysterectomy

Postby Ruby » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:54 am

Well, been for a consultation and the doc said that there is no way she would perform the radical hysterectomy (ovaries , cervix, womb) because of my age (34) . As well as this , taking everything away and then taking hrt (which I would have to take to protect me from osteoporosis) would make my problems with hormones and odour just as bad.
She suggested i try the Mirena coil because of its local release of progesterone. I have had the Mirena coil before and I do recall being smelly then, but was i more smelly than usual ? I can't remember, which i suppose is a good sign.
If the Mirena coil can stop my periods and keep my hormones level then I wouldn't experience the fluctuations that cause all the problems at 'that time of the month'.
I'm willing to try it.
I would like to hear other people's experiences of managing their menstrual cycle. All the best to you all xxx
Ruby

Return to treatment